Equity Market Risk - AVP
As a Barclays Market Risk Assistant – Assistant Vice President, you will primarily be engaged in managing market risk for the US Equity business. For this role, you will be responsible for making yourself aware of all the significant market risk positions and for performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of all material positions and risks. You will also focus on Americas Equity Structured Derivatives desks and will use your in-depth knowledge of the market and products traded.
Salary/ Rate Minimum: $120,000
Salary/ Rate Maximum: $150,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information about include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What you will be doing?
- Monitoring and analyzing risk across desks/ products within context of what’s going on in the market
- Partnering with Front Office and Risk colleagues to risk manage; challenging stakeholders and/ or escalating findings as necessary to ensure appropriate risk taking
- Analyzing, assessing, and recommending new trades, trade types and risks
- Recognizing the VaR, stress testing, and RNiVs assuring it is appropriate, accurate, timely reported, and further developed in line with new regulations and internal guidelines
- Leveraging knowledge of the equity markets and equity products, particularly vanilla options, and volatility index products, and taking initiative to drill into and investigate risk
- Driving infrastructure upgrades/ development and regulatory deliverables – ensuring we improve infrastructure
- Building good relationships across departments (e.g., Front Office, IT, Finance, Trade Support, and the like)
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative field (Master's preferred)
- Experience performing mathematical modelling and risk analysis by leveraging Excel VBAs and Python; in-depth knowledge of equities markets, derivative products, and pricing/ risking models a plus
- Comfortable working against tight short-term deadlines and managing multiple workflows in a pressurized environment that has direct contribution to the firm's revenue
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work unassisted as well as collaborate well with others
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Established understanding of various measures such as P&L Explain, Stress testing and Greeks
- Ability to engage with a variety of audiences and to challenge laterally vertically within an organization to ensure scalable controlled risk appetite
- Eagerness to seek out efficiencies across established processes and synergies within the team and/ or across functions, and openness to collaboration with others to develop creative solutions
- Natural interest in understanding/ navigating large scale and complex technology data flows and anticipating downstream impact of changes (experience with large financial institutions a plus)
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 120000 to 150000
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States
- Risk Management Fund Management $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States
- Risk Fund Management $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States
- Risk Advisory Fund Management $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States
- Risk Assurance Fund Management $140,000 - $199,999 jobs in United States