Head of Risk
Our client is a customer focussed, financial services provider offering mortgage and savings to the market. They are currently recruiting for a Head of Risk to have overall management of the risk controls, including setting and managing risk exposures.
Their head office is based in East Riding, Yorkshire and due to the nature of the role, they would like this individual to have weekly office presence, with 3 days in the office and the remaining 2 working from home. For the training period (circa 6 months), they would prefer 4 days in the office and the remaining 1 working remotely.
Duties of the Head of Risk will include:
- Responsibility to shape, communicate and deliver an appropriate and effective risk and compliance management framework.
- Maintaining Risk Appetite Statements, the Risk Register and for collating and reviewing risk MI.
- Maintain a robust independent second line of defence and secure effective third line of defence arrangements, aligned to the key risks of the organisation.
- Support the Chair of Risk in delivering an effective quarterly Board Risk Committee, ensuring clear, concise reporting and management information focussed on key risk areas, to enable effective decision making.
- Overall responsibility for the firm's policies and procedures for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime, including Money Laundering.
- Inputting to, and evaluating, strategy and performance in the context of risk appetite.
The successful individual will possess:
- Have a wealth of experience and knowledge of risk management within financial services
- Experience of designing and implementing risk management strategies, policies and frameworks
- Experience of leading a team