Our client is a customer centric, mortgage and savings provider based in Yorkshire. They are seeking an experience Risk professional to join their team as a Risk Manager; the purpose of the role is to provide specialist guidance and support to operational areas in relation to Risk management obligations and to have ownership for the implementation of their Risk management framework.
Their head office is based in East Riding, Yorkshire, and they can offer a hybrid approach to the working week with circa 3 days in their head office and the remainder working remotely.
Duties of the Risk manager will include:
- To support maintenance of the Risk Register, and related logs, registers and similar elements of the risk management framework.
- To review the Risk Appetite Statement, Data Protection, Document Management and Fraud Risk Management Policies as required and in accordance with the periodic review schedule and make recommendations for changes as necessary.
- To prepare, monitor and report progress in maintaining and implementing the Risk Management framework.
- To propose and deliver a second line Risk Monitoring Plan.
- To provide Risk Reports to management and the Board (or its sub-committees) as required by the Risk management Framework.
- To maintain awareness of developments or changes to regulatory requirements and notify the Executive in areas relevant.
The successful candidate will possess -
- Previous experience in risk advisory or a risk monitoring role
- Knowledge and experience of mortgages