Head of Market Risk US (m/f/t)
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
To start as soon as possible, full time, permanent
This is an exciting and unique career opportunity to play a pivotal role in RWE Supply & Trading's growth in the US.
Join a dynamic and robust team in Chicago overseeing market risk and planning/reporting of gross margins for RWE's asset based Energy Commodities Trading North America division and become their team lead. Support the power and natural gas wholesale business in portfolio risk management and controls and be a subject matter expert bringing in-depth market knowledge and hands on work experience. Facilitate the understanding of price and liquidity risks associated with RWE's asset portfolio. Support the asset optimization function in managing exposure in power and natural gas markets, as well as hedging in ISO markets, by offering risk assessment of hedging and optimization strategies.
Manage a team of 7, including managers, senior and junior analysts covering market risk, process support, and financial planning and reporting.
We are now looking for an experienced team manager to head the Risk/Controlling activities in Chicago (no remote position, hybrid work possible), reporting to the Head of Controlling based in Germany. The total Controlling team consists of approx. 80 employees based in UK, Germany and the US.
- Lead a team both monitoring and controlling market risk of energy commodity positions RWE Supply & Trading Americas as well as gathering the generation margin of the North American Renewables Business of RWE
- Assist Front Office in developing risk mitigation strategies for power, capacity, natural gas, and renewable energy certificates and model material risks across the portfolio for accurate representation of financial risks
- Manage market risk limit frameworks for US and Canada markets and investigate violations.
- Model liquidity risks in ISO markets and communicate effective liquidity at risk from market risk management strategies.
- Manage position and PnL reporting, presenting summaries at supervisory committee and board meetings.
- Facilitate preparation of monthly, quarterly and forecasts/long-term reporting of generation margin and performance.
- Create transparency of the generation margin towards the various senior stakeholders across the RWE Group
- Develop talent within the team to mitigate risk and achieve sustainable growth
- Establish and maintain relationships with various Front Office teams, support functions, as well as internal and external auditors
- Communicate effectively across committees and advise on relevant decision-making.
- Keep abreast of market-related issues and their impact on the business.
- University degree in Business, Math, Engineering or similar. A master's degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in US energy industry with at least 5 years of wholesale energy risk management experience, additional experience in Controlling / Financial Planning is a strong plus.
- In-depth knowledge of North American energy wholesale markets required, familiarity with global markets is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage high performance teams and cultivating a strong positive culture and developing talent.
- Natural leader, comfortable in establishing cross departmental collaboration and relationships.
- Comfortable with building or redesigning processes
- Solution oriented, proactive responsibility, supporting the team in complex situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organization skills across all levels such as Board of Directors, Senior Management and Executives.
- Ability to perform big picture analysis with strategic yet analytical orientation
What we value most is curiosity, ambition, resilience and authenticity. So, if you can't display all of the skills above we would still like to hear from you.
- Join a global energy company which is in a period of growth
- Find yourself in a motivating workplace that is built on mutual trust, values and a feedback culture with a positive and inspiring working atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus based on execution performance
- Vivant team work, support and openness, visibility and recognition of own work
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 82810
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Approximately 1,700 employees from over 50 different countries trade (renewable) electricity, (green) gas, commodities and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE's power plant dispatch and markets electricity from renewables.