Portfolio Risk Manager
N Brown - who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we're committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by championing inclusion, we'll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer'. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We're a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We're customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We're experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We're inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we're sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
This is a key role in the Financial Services business which provides ownership of our portfolio risk measurement and management. We operate a single revolving credit product and you will manage our IFRS9 provisioning as well as monitoring portfolio and model performance using Key Risk Indicators (KRIs). To achieve this, you will be an experienced credit risk professional who is highly data literate and have knowledge of credit risk modelling and IRFS9. This role is ideal for somebody who is making the step up from a senior analyst position.
A key pillar of our Group Strategy is the creation of a new Financial Services platform, which presents significant growth opportunities. You would provide SME capability to evolve our IFRS9 provisioning methodology and portfolio risk reporting in line with changes to our lending products.
What will you do as a Portfolio Risk Manager at N Brown?
- Own the IFRS9 model and work with Finance to produce monthly provisioning which reflects the risk of the lending book.
- Produce monthly management information which demonstrates changes in underlying IFRS9 inputs and outputs to alert Senior Management to any changes in assumptions.
- Be accountable for maintaining portfolio risk monitoring which provides an independent view of risk across all risk areas, i.e. new business, credit limit management, collections and financial crime. Ensure emerging risks are highlighted to Senior Management.
- Track the performance of credit risk models using population and characteristic stability indexes and work with Senior Managers to maintain scorecards.
- Work with the external auditors to explain and backup the IFRS9 provision, providing additional analysis and samples as requested.
- Carry out ad hoc analysis to identify and understand new trends in customer account behaviour.
- Manage a Credit Risk Analyst who will be responsible for day to day running of the IFRS9 model and KRI reports.
- Provide SME input and direction in evolving the IFRS9 model in light of product developments
What skills and experience will you have?
- You have a degree in a STEM subject.
- You would have previous experience as a senior analyst working in credit risk.
- You would be comfortable extracting and analysing large datasets using SQL.
- You have experience working with credit risk models and understand how to measure model performance and drift.
- You would have a working knowledge of IFRS9 provisioning and understand how the output impacts the business profitability. Previous direct management of an IFRS9 provision model is not essential.
- You have excellent presentation skills and are able to explain complex modelling in a simple and concise way, using the Microsoft Office suite.
- You would be able to collaborate effectively by building good business relationships with your peers across the business, e.g. other credit risk and finance teams.
- You will be confident in owning your area of expertise and to justify and backup an approach to others, e.g. internal or external auditors.