Risk Assurance Services, Senior Associate
2 days left
- Full Time
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients’ complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
Risk Assurance – Senior Associate
“We believe that challenges are better solved together. That's why you'll join a diverse, global community of solvers - an unexpected mix of people that come together to build trust in society and solve important problems. In a place where you are encouraged to lead with your heart and values. And where your unique skills are developed and put to work in unexpected and exciting ways, superpowered by technology”
Do you want to be part of a growing, agile Risk Assurance team, benefiting from the support and collaboration of a small team, yet have the opportunity to work across the network on a variety of larger high-profile clients and engagements?
Who we are looking for:
The Risk Assurance team in the Channel Islands have exciting opportunities for experienced individuals to join our team. In joining us you will be part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients to understand and challenge their risk profile and the extent to which their company’s processes, people and systems assist or inhibit their corporate strategies to generate value.
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in a wide range of disciplines, with a strong background in consulting and audit. You will have developed skills in one or more of the areas of: IT audit; process and controls assurance; data and analytics and cyber security. You will also have a good general understanding of technology/ERP systems.
You will need to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations to maximise the client value and impact over Digital Audit, Controls Assurance and Cyber Security advisory engagements.
About the role:
PwC Channel Islands have exciting opportunities for experienced individuals to work in our growing Assurance and Advisory division.
The Risk Assurance team at PwC takes pride in helping clients to identify, measure and manage their risk profile more effectively. Our Risk Assurance specialists offer knowledge and expertise, which extends to clients’ internal controls, internal audit, technology risk, cyber security, non-financial reporting, corporate sustainability and regulatory compliance.
Our specialists also provide a variety of internal audit and advisory services and support of external FS audit engagements. Our capabilities support a wide range of businesses and industry sectors, and on every project we undertake, the advice and assurance we deliver is tailored to the individual needs of that client.
As a member of the Risk Assurance practice, you will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of international clients predominantly in the FS sector. You will work closely with Engagement Leaders, be involved in a variety of engagements, interacting directly with clients and building and strengthening business relationships. Being part of a smaller office, you will also have excellent opportunities to be involved in strategic initiatives, have input into the management of the business and contribute directly to the running of the practice. Over time you will be a trusted business advisor, managing a team, defining project strategy for multiple and/or complex projects and other key initiatives of the firm.
Your role will involve the following:
- Assisting external FS audit teams in assessing controls, including validation of applicable IT controls
- Deploying project management skills to support a range of Cyber and Tech Risk client engagements
- Conduct and facilitate client workshops, interviews and exercises to support client deliverables across a range of Cyber and Tech Risk engagements
- Working with a range of clients delivering Controls Assurance engagements, in the capacity of internal audit or non-audit assurance reporting
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of the control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information
- Leading and developing Integrated Assurance teams through the delivery of reviews with our clients building the broader competency of the team through effective coaching
- Helping to train and upskill staff members in the latest tools and coaching them as part of wider client engagements
- Building relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with senior client management teams on ongoing engagements
- On-going development of in-depth industry experience and process expertise
The following skills are required for this role:
- Strong academic background such as Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in a subject related to Accounting, Information Technology or Business Studies
- Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
- Excellent project management skills including great organisation, highly motivated work ethic, the ability to drive projects forward, managing own and others time; and hold more senior team members accountable to delivering high quality pieces of work
- Strong team working skills and experienced in developing junior staff
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Following formal methodologies and applying risk and quality standards
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability
- Ability to work autonomously without the need for day-to-day direct management
- Proficient networker and relationship builder
- Process and controls assurance experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of engagements and reviews (business and/or IT controls), coupled with experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisational level
- Understanding of Internal Controls Frameworks e.g. COSO and end-to-end processes
- Experience of performing non-audit assurance engagements, such as ISAE3402/ SSAE18 reports
- An accounting qualification, or working towards achieving a relevant qualification
IT Audit Path:
- Technology controls audit and advisory experience with associated understanding of IT infrastructure and knowledge of related cyber security threats, coupled with experience in evaluating IT risks and performing tests of IT and system driven controls
- Understanding of Control Objectives for Information Technology (COBIT) and placement within wider internal controls frameworks
- Experience of performing non-audit assurance engagements, such as ISAE3000 (SOC2) /SSAE18 and/or ISO27001/22301 audit engagements
- IT audit certification (CISA)
- Knowledge of the Financial Services sector and familiarity with the local Channel Islands market
- Experience in providing specialist support to external FS audit teams
- Project management certification (e.g. PRINCE2, or Agile)
- Data and analytics experience with competency with tools including Alteryx, SQL, Python, PowerBI and Tableau.
- Cyber Security / Privacy engagement experience, with a relevant supporting qualification (e.g. CISM, CISSP, GIAC, CIPP/E)
- Technology Risk engagement experience, with relevant supporting qualification (e.g. ITIL, COBIT, CRISC, ISO22301, CBCI, ISO27001 LA, ISO22301 LA)
- Experience of performing internal audit engagements, with a relevant supporting qualification (CIA)
The skills we look for in our people:
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, The PwC Professional.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop, and assess our people, at all grades and in all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their unique strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Professional Services €90,000 - €99,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- IT Audit Senior Professional Services €90,000 - €99,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Risk Analysis Professional Services €90,000 - €99,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Internal Controls Professional Services €90,000 - €99,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Technology Risk Professional Services €90,000 - €99,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)