Legal & Risk Manager (Contracts Manager) - Construction firm
4 days left
- Full Time
Legal & Risk Manager (Contracts Manager)
Birmingham (Hybrid working)
£70K-£80K + bonus
- Providing high level support in developing, implementing and managing the Company's risk management framework within the realm of contract conditions, PI coverage and project level risks.
- Identification of legislative and regulatory requirements to which the Company is subject to briefing the Commercial & Technical Director.
- Review contracts and make recommendations on commerciality and legal compliance. Negotiating terms where appropriate following agreement of company position with Commercial and Technical Director and/or seeking external legal advice.
- Conduct contract audits.
- Liaise with the insurers and work with the Commercial & Technical Director on the renewals.
- Manage /coordinate any claims agreeing and implementing defence strategies in line with insurers and legal advice, assembling and coordinating information packs and drafting reports for review.
- Instigate claims avoidance processes and procedures in conjunction with Commercial and Technical Director and Compliance team to minimise potential claims situation - where possible.
- Development and implementation, with the Learning & Development Manager, of appropriate education programmes.
- Advising Partners on engagement letters, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Providing a regular report to the Executive Board on Legal and Risk matters.
- Support the bid teams with advice at submission stages on contract amendments required to meet company compliance processes and PI requirements.
- Review framework call off processes, call off contracts and orders for compliance with head terms and company sign off.
- Preparation of internal reports.
- Management of Legal Support team member.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of construction consultancy across all disciplines and the construction process
- Degree qualified
- Commercial and contractual experience and knowledge - preferable with a construction consultancy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other business functions and departments.
- Flexible in thinking and pragmatic problem solving.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in leading, planning and conducting contractual and commercial negotiations.
- Experience in leading, planning and conducting monitoring activities.
- High standards of professional integrity and independence.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data.
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website.
More searches like this
- Risk Management Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom