Credit Risk Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
Working in the MI and Insight team, a Credit Risk Analyst has exposure to the entire credit lifecycle of mortgages. This role supports the management of Credit Risk by conducting data extraction and analysis to design, develop and produce accurate and insightful management information that monitors the performance and characteristics of the Society’s lending and informs senior management decision-making. The team plays an integral part in shaping the business and the role provides an ideal opportunity to learn about both Credit Risk and Financial Services.
This is a great development role for someone who may have already have some analysis experience, or you may have studied a numerical discipline, have an interest in Credit Risk and be looking to develop a future career path. Personal development is a key focus within the team - you will receive personal support and guidance to enable development of your skills and knowledge.
This is such an exciting time to join YBS - you will be an important member of the team, bringing your continuous improvement mindset to reviewing our ways of working and shaping how data and MI is produced for the business, along with an inquisitive mind and the ability to spot emerging trends and areas of concern and communicate these both verbally and in writing to stakeholders within the Society.
As an employer who encourages flexible working please get in touch if you wish to discuss flexible working options. The credit risk team are currently working from home so you will start your journey with us being home based with some potential travel to our Leeds site with a view to moving forward in the future towards a balance of home and office working.
About the Role
- Perform basic analysis and running of existing code to produce timely and accurate Credit Risk management information and communicating any trends or concerns to management and decision making committees both written and verbally.
- With guidance and support, utilise best practice data manipulation and analytical techniques to perform analysis of the Society’s Credit Risk portfolios and develop new reports to enable strategic decision making.
- Develop an understanding of the credit risk lifecycle for residential, buy-to-let and commercial mortgages, and leverage that understanding to add value to your analysis.
- Manage small to medium analytical projects and provide analysis to senior team members ensuring requirements are met and analysis is accurate.
- Credit Risk understanding would be beneficial but not essential as training will be provided to gain full competence.
- Experience of data manipulation and a working knowledge of SAS (or similar statistical packages), SQL and Microsoft Excel are desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a committed attitude to personal development and learning
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Applications are viewed frequently so this advert may close earlier than the date shown.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Financial Services £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Financial Services £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Financial Services £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Financial Services £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Financial Services £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in United Kingdom