We have an AWEsome opportunity for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join us at the AWE.
This is an exciting time to join us as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer as we begin a once in a generation programme of work in support of the United Kingdom's Continuous at Sea Deterrent.
We are located in the countryside between Reading and Basingstoke with onsite parking. There are good bus links between Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury.
Salary: starts at £41,840 and allowances on top, we are very open to upwards negotiation for someone with the right experience and skills.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of Quality Engineering by supporting the Quality team and stakeholders in the development of processes and Quality applications.
You will provide third line Quality Assurance, independent of the quality function and Tech Centres. Assuring that:
- Quality systems are configured and controlled in accordance with regulatory, legislative and company processes and procedures
- Controls meet design intent
- Risks are managed appropriately
Typical tasks undertaken by the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer include:
- Undertaking risk-based assurance reviews across our business
- Providing observations and recommendations on the development of AWE's quality arrangements, processes and key controls to deliver the required business drivers and performance.
- Providing independent technical challenge to the quality function assuring that it meets the current Company needs
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations on outcomes of reviews to stakeholders
- Working effectively with customers on joint, quality-related activities
- Interacting and collaborating with stakeholders internally and externally
- Attending and assessing the effectiveness of Corrective and Preventative Action Boards
- Completing other assigned tasks within the Quality Assurance Order Book
You would like you to demonstrate the following:
- A broad experience of quality assurance and working to quality systems.
- A technical background, probably in engineering or science. This could have been developed via an apprenticeship or higher education.
- Experience of undertaking audits, investigations or other assurance activities
- A good awareness and understanding of problem-solving and improvement tools and techniques.
- Confident report-writing skills including the ability to interpret and present metrics.
- A resilient approach with the ability to stand firm when challenged
- A flexible approach to working patterns to meet the needs of the business
- Promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
To apply, we will want to see a CV which clearly demonstrates that you are the person we are looking for, so make sure that your CV reflects what we are looking for in the description below. Give some thought to your application summary and covering letter, we are keen to hear why you want to work with us and what you can offer within this role.
Important things you need to know:
- You will be required to work on site frequently so the role is not suitable for someone living too far from RG7 4PR, although there is scope for hybrid flexible working.
- This role is governed by Health and Safety at Work Regulations. This requires all successful candidates to have an Occupational Health-set fitness level in order to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) needed to work in controlled environments. Satisfactory medical clearance is required for the role and any offer is subject to this.
- All interviews will be face to face on site during working hours. It will be a 90 minute discussion around your CV and experience and will include a 5 to10 minute presentation.
- You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Security/ Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by the AWE) in order to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
Don't procrastinate, update your CV and apply now!
Please feel free to reach out for more information to Sunflower (Sunny) Montague
(Sorry recruiters, we don't work with agencies)