An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Prudential Risk Management Team for a Balance Sheet Management Risk Oversight Manager.
The team are working flexibly with a blend of office and home working. There is a commitment to try and be in the Leeds head office once of fortnight, aside from this you can work where you would like. The office is open if you would like to be in more often.
About the role
You would act as a subject matter expert on all Balance Sheet Management and Treasury Risk thematic reviews to support the delivery of the Prudential Risk Oversight Plan. The reviews will cover Strategic Risk, Capital Risk, Funding & Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Treasury Risk & Climate Risk.
You would apply technical knowledge and market awareness to ensure thematic reviews consider internal governance, market best practice and regulatory compliance. Act as an enabler for the business to better understand and manage their risk profile, providing advice and challenge to 1st line risk teams through impactful and highly influential engagement up to Chief Officer levels.
- A background within a risk management function in the Banking or Building Society Sector.
- Specific experience in technical risk functions covering Market Risk, Funding & Liquidity Risk, Treasury Risk and Capital Risk.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular in translating technical concepts and facts into clear understandable written reports for commercial and operational colleagues.
- Good awareness and understanding of the relevant regulatory environment relating to BSM risk and experience of applying in practice.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.